CHANNEL STORM - Framed Collectors Piece
Anthony’s atmospheric painting depicts a definitive moment in late August 1940 as the Mk.I Spitfires of 610 Squadron, one of the units to bear the full brunt of the Luftwaffe’s attacks, scramble away from their base at Biggin Hill towards the Channel where yet another incoming Luftwaffe formation has been spotted. Combining great skill with thoughtful insight, Anthony beautifully portrays the elegant fighters, glinting in sunlight, racing towards the storm clouds gathering on the horizon. The peaceful harvest taking place in the fields below is in stark contrast to the perils that lie ahead.
Reproduced as a Limited Edition print to commemorate the 80th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain, each print carries the original signatures of highly-regarded RAF Fighter Pilots and Aces who flew during that long summer of 1940.
Our expert team have framed a number of copies to full conservation standards...
ANNIVERSARY EDITION - Ten signature collector's piece
This popular edition carries the original signatures of six famous Battle of Britain fighter pilots, PLUS it has been conservation mounted to include the original autographs of a further four Battle of Britain Spitfire pilots to create a memorable TEN signature piece!
If that wasn't already special enough, we've also included in the frame:
- museum-quality reproduction RAF wings
- an original 1940 George VI penny
The full list of signature reads:
- Wing Commander Paddy Barthropp DFC AFC
- Wing Commander George 'Grumpy' Unwin DSO DFM*
- Squadron Leader Geoffrey Wellum DFC
- Flight Lieutenant Leonard Davies
- Group Captain Billy Drake DSO DFC*
- Wing Commander Bob Foster DFC
- Air Commodore James Leathart CB DSO
- Group Captain Denys Gillam DSO** DFC* AFC
- Squadron Leader Tony Iveson DFC AE
- Wing Commander George Swanwick
- Framed Prints
- 29 x 24 inches
- Release Date:
Shipping available on this item
Prices listed on framed items do not include shipping. If you purchase this item, we'll contact you to discuss shipping costs.