by Robert Taylor
A Schwarm of Bf109s from JG-52 are about to peel away and, with the battle-cry ‘Horrido!’ ringing in their ears, dive to attack the flight of enemy aircraft spotted below. JG-52: the name alone brought terror into the hearts of the Red Air Force pilots.
By the end of the war the Luftwaffe’s most successful Geschwader had claimed over 10,000 victories, and from within its ranks emerged the top three scoring Aces in the history of air combat; Gerhard Barkhorn, Gunther Rall and, of course, the highest scorer of them all – Erich Hartmann.
Each print in this long sold out edition has been personally signed by the following legendary Luftwaffe Fighter Aces:
- Oberst Erich Hartmann KC with Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds
- Generalmajor Dietrich Hrabak KC WITH OAK LEAVES
- Generalleutnant Adolf Galland KC with Oak Leaves Swords and Diamonds
- Generalleutnant Walter Krupinski KC with Oak Leaves
- General Friedrich Obleser KC
- Generalleutnant Günther Rall KC with Oak Leaves and Swords
- General Johannes 'Macky' Steinhoff KC with Oak Leaves and Swords
- 35 x 25 inches
- Release Date:
Framing Service available on this item
Interested in having this item framed? Our expert team are on hand to review your bespoke requirements. Simply tick the framing box at the checkout and we’ll contact you to discuss the best framing choices for your piece plus delivery options. For further information about our framing service click here.