BREACHING THE EDER DAM - The Graphite Edition - Framed Collectors Piece
As his bouncing bomb scores a direct hit, Pilot Officer Les Knight powers his Lancaster over the Eder Dam, a huge deluge of water cascading over the fractured wall as he departs the scene.
Released some years ago as an exclusively limited edition of just 100 copies worldwide, this long sold out print is personally signed by artist Robert Taylor and individually autographed by SEVEN Dambuster pilots and aircrew who, between them, went to the Eder, Möhne, Sorpe and Ennepe Dams.
Not to mention the piece has been additionally matted to include a further FIVE signatures, of the man who designed the famous bouncing bomb used in the raids on the German dams, the Commanding officer of Bomber Command at the time of the raids, the famous prime minister who led Britain through the dark days of the second world war, plus two high-ranking Dambuster pilots.
The full list of signatures reads as follows:
- Squadron Leader Ken Brown CGM
- Flight Lieutenant George Chalmers DFC DFM
- Sergeant Ray Grayston
- Squadron Leader George Johnson MBE DFM
- Flight Sergeant Grant McDonald
- Sergeant Fred Sutherland
- Sir BARNES WALLIS CBE FRS RDI FRAeS
- Marshal of the RAF Sir Arthur T. Harris BT, GCB OBE DD
- Sir Winston Churchill KG OM CH TD DL FRS RA
- Air Marshal Sir Harold 'Mick' Martin KCB CB DSO* DFC* AFC
- Squadron Leader Les Munro CNZM DSO QSO DFC
- Squadron Leader David Shannon DSO* DFC*
- Framed Prints
- 22.5 x 22.75 inches
Shipping available on this item
Prices listed on framed items do not include shipping. If you purchase this item, we'll contact you to discuss shipping costs.