Crucial to every squadron in the RAF were the unsung heroes – the ground crew. Without the vital support of these dedicated men who refuelled the aircraft, rearmed them, maintained them and kept them flying, the pilots and aircrew would, quite simply, never have got into the air.
It’s fitting that Robert’s superb drawing has been autographed by TEN Mosquito pilots and air crew as a personal tribute to the men who supported them so faithfully:
- Flight Lieutenant Ray Harrington
- Wing Commander Branse Burbridge DSO* DFC*
- Wing Commander Eric Barwell DFC*
- Flight Lieutenant Ken Tempest
- Warrant Officer A.E. 'Bert' Winwood
- Squadron Leader TJ 'Tommy' Broom DFC
- Flight Lieutenant Aubrey 'Hilli' Hilliard
- Flight Lieutenant Geoffrey Perks DFC
- Flying Officer Maurice Webb DFM
- Flying Officer Jack Youens
Matted Limited Edition
Conservation matted to include museum-quality reproduction RAF wings and features all the aforementioned signatures.
The DeHavilland Portfolio Edition
In addition to the ten pilots and crew who have signed the Limited Edition, each print has been individually hand matted to include an ORIGINAL fragment of Madapolam Fabric that belonged to de Havilland 98 Mosquito Prototype W4050. Also matted are the ORIGINAL signatures of two of the greatest Mosquito pilots of all time:
- Group Captain John 'Cats-Eyes' Cunningham CBE DSO** DFC* AE FRAeS
- Group Captain Leonard Cheshire VC OM DSO** DFC*
- 14.5 x 11.25 inches
- Release Date:
Framing Service available on this item
Interested in having this item framed? Our expert team are on hand to review your bespoke requirements. Simply tick the framing box at the checkout and we’ll contact you to discuss the best framing choices for your piece plus delivery options. For further information about our framing service click here.