THE LONG SHORT DAYS - Framed Collectors Piece
Robert Taylor’s stunning painting captures a group of Bf109Gs of III./JG26, one of the Luftwaffe’s most famous fighter units, as they return to their base during a long sweep along the Channel coast in early 1944. In his unmistakable style, Robert evokes a moment of rare tranquility amidst the carnage of war as the lengthening sun glints across the frozen landscape during the short days of winter.
This is rapidly becoming a very collectible edition in Robert's extensive portfolio and with such amazing signatures is likely to become one of his classic releases.
The signatories included amassed an incredible 1093 aerial victories between them, creating an extraordinary item for collectors of Luftwaffe memorabilia which would be the centerpiece of any collection.
The print has been personally autographed by NINE Luftwaffe fighter pilots who flew in the air battles over Europe, including one of JG26’s most legendary commanders – General Walter Krupinski. To create a really unique piece, the print has been conservation framed by our team to include a museum quality reproduction miniature Knight’s Cross along with the photographs and ORIGINAL signatures of a further four iconic Luftwaffe Aces who flew on the Western Front:
- Unteroffizier Hubert-Ludwig Pflaum IC
- Feldwebel Heinz Radlauer IC
- Leutnant Helmut Ballewski IC
- Feldwebel Ernst Giefing IC
- Leutnant Norbert Hannig IC
- Unteroffizier Gerhadt Kott IC
- Oberfeldwebel Willi Reschke KC
- Major Erich Rudorffer KC with Oak Leaves and Swords
- Generalleutnant Walter Krupinski KC with Oak Leaves
- Generalleutnant Günther Rall KC with Oak Leaves and Swords
- Oberleutnant Walter Wolfrum KC
- Generalleutnant Adolf Galland KC with Oak Leaves Swords and Diamonds
- Major Hans-Ekkehard Bob KC
- Framed Prints
- 42.25 x 33 inches
Shipping available on this item
Prices listed on framed items do not include shipping. If you purchase this item, we'll contact you to discuss shipping costs.