THE DOOLITTLE RAIDERS - Framed Collector's Piece
by Robert Taylor
Published in 1999 and signed on release by survivors of the raid, Robert’s famous piece depicts the Raiders leaving the target area following their surprise attack on industrial and military targets in and around Tokyo on 18 April 1942. The pilots drop lower to hug the landscape and open the throttles as they head west. With luck, their next stop is China.
It’s easy to see why the edition sold out so quickly and we’re rarely able to offer copies on the Secondary Market. Making this one even more special, our expert framing team have included in the matting a photo and ORIGINAL autograph of the famous leader of the raid, JIMMY DOOLITTLE.
A staggering FIFTEEN SIGANTURE collector’s piece! The full list reads:
- General James H 'Jimmy' Doolittle MOH
- Lieutenant Colonel Richard E. Cole
- Staff Sergeant Rev Jacob Deshazer
- Major Thomas C. Griffin
- Major Nolan A. Herndon
- Brigadier General Everett W. Holstrom
- Major General David M. Jones
- Lieutenant Colonel Frank A. Kappelar
- Lieutenant Colonel James H. Macia
- Lieutenant Colonel Harry C McCool
- Lieutenant Colonel Chase J. Nielson
- Major Howard A. Sessler
- Captain J. Royden Stork
- Colonel Henry A. Potter
- Staff Sergeant David J. Thatcher
- Framed Prints
- 37.75 x 30.25 inches
Shipping available on this item
Prices listed on framed items do not include shipping. If you purchase this item, we'll contact you to discuss shipping costs.