RAF FIGHTER ACES ALBUM
There has never been – and probably never will be – anything quite as remarkable as this Album of Aviator Profiles, highly accurate mini-biographies individually written and personally autographed by some of the greatest names in the history of the Second World War.
This extraordinary album contains the personally signed profiles of top-scoring, highly-decorated Aces and most distinguished aircrew. Aviators whose names are indelibly linked into the history books, men who fought the great aerial battles of WWII. It includes great leaders, outstanding combat fighter pilots and top-scoring Aces.
Individually written personal histories
Every one of these famous names has personally written their own notes, highly accurate biographies in their words and their wartime activity and achievements. Written solely and exclusively for this album, each aviator provides exciting biographical information; graphical descriptions of their most memorable combat; their choice of favourite aircraft flown, and why; and much more. Every profile also contains a personally selected photo!
Produced in the 1980’s with direct input from these highly decorated WWII aviators, we rarely see copies of this restricted Album - CONTACT US to be thr first to hear when one becomes available!
The roll-call of names amongst the TWENTY-SIX RAF pilots who signed this album reads like the ultimate Who’s Who of Fighter Command: ‘Cocky’ Dundas, Johnnie Johnson, Bob Stanford-Tuck and Denis Crowley Milling to name but a few.
Here is the full list of those who contributed:
- Wing Commander Paddy Barthropp DFC AFC
- Air Commodore Peter Brothers CBE DSO DFC*
- Group Captain Frank Carey CBE DFC** AFC DFM
- Air Marshal Sir Denis Crowley-Milling KCB CBE DSO DFC* AE
- Group Captain John 'Cats-Eyes' Cunningham CBE DSO** DFC* AE FRAeS
- Air Commodore Alan Deere DSO OBE DFC*
- Group Captain Hugh 'Cocky' Dundas CBE DSO* DFC
- Air Chief Marshal Christopher Foxley-Norris GCB DSO OBE
- Group Captain Denys Gillam DSO** DFC* AFC
- Colonel James Goodson
- Squadron Leader 'Nip' Heppell
- Air Commodore 'Jamie' Jameson
- Air Vice Marshal Johnnie Johnson CB CBE DSO** DFC*
- Air Vice Marshal 'Sandy' Johnstone DFC AE
- Wing Commander Don Kingaby
- Group Captain Brian Kingcome DSO DFC*
- Wing Commander Laddie Lucas
- Group Captain Bobby Oxspring
- Air Vice Marshal David Scott-Malden
- Sir Alan Smith
- Group Captain Duncan Smith
- Wing Commander Rod Smith
- Wing Commander Bob Stanford-Tuck DSO DFC**
- Wing Commander Harbourne Stephen CBE DSO DFC*
- Group Captain Peter Townsend CVO DSO DFC*
- Group Captain The Honorable Sir John Waddy OBE DFC
- Profile Albums
- Release Date: