OPERATION JERICHO - Framed Collectors Piece
18 February 1944 – FRANCE, EUROPE
A group of brave young RAF aircrew flying Mosquitos undertook a daring low-level precision bombing raid to breach the walls of Amiens Prison and release members of the French Resistance, condemned to death for their action in helping the Allies. The raid was a success and the result significant with over 150 prisoners fled jail to join up with the Resistance.
This dramatic edition from one of the great aviation artists of our time shows a formation of Mosquitoes from 487 Squadron (New Zealand) and 464 Squadron (Australian) successfully breaking open Amiens Prison.
The Artist Proof has been signed by a staggering EIGHTEEN legendary jail breakers along with Resistance escapees.
- Wing Commander BOB IREDALE DFC
- Squadron Leader Ian McRitchie DFC
- Flight Lieutenant TOM MCPHEE DFM
- Flight Lieutenant GEOFFREY ATKINS
- Wing Commander 'BLACK' SMITH DFC
- Pilot Officer MAXWELL SPARKES
- Pilot Officer ARTHUR DUNLOP
- Flight Lieutenant BRIAN 'TICH' HANAFIN DFC
- Pilot Officer FRANK REDGRAVE
- Pilot Officer BOB FOWLER
- Flight Lieutenant 'BUCK' TAYLOR DFC
- Flight Lieutenant ARTHUR WHEELER DFC
- Flight Lieutenant IAN MALLETT
- Flight Sergeant FRANK WHEELER
- Pilot Officer DON BURTON
- Flying Officer HARRY MARKBY DFC
- Flight Lieutenant TED SISMORE
- Amien Prison escapee RAYMOND BONPAS
- Framed Prints
- 40.25 x 33.5 inches
Shipping available on this item
Prices listed on framed items do not include shipping. If you purchase this item, we'll contact you to discuss shipping costs.