ACTION THIS DAY
Flown by many crews, Halifax LV907 ‘Friday 13th’ was typical of the four-engined heavy bombers that formed the backbone of RAF Bomber Command, and served with 158 Squadron as a symbol to the enduring bravery of the men who flew the ‘heavies’ in action.
As dawn breaks over RAF Lissett it reveals that last night’s biting wind has once again brought a covering of snow to the airfield. But, with conditions forecast to improve, tonight’s operation to bomb industrial targets in Germany is set to proceed, and ground crew start to prepare Halifax Mk3 LV907 ‘F-Freddy’, simply known as ‘Friday 13th’, for action.
The Limited Edition
Each print has been individually signed in pencil by THREE veterans who flew Halifaxes with 158 Sqn:
- Pilot Officer Maurice Spivey DFM
- Warrant Officer Rex Statham
- Flight Lieutenant Fred Tunstall DFC
The Collectors Editions & Remarques
Together with the Remarqued Editions, the EIGHT signature Collectors’ Edition is additionally signed by the following 158 Squadron veterans:
- Flight Lieutenant Tommy' Coles DFC
- Warrant Officer Harry Irons DFC
- Flight Lieutenant John Petrie-Andrews DFC DFM
- Warrant Officer Dennis Slack
- Flight Lieutenant 'Bluey' Mottershead DFC
RAF Bomber Command Tribute Edition
These magnificient Tribute Proofs, created with a unique and highly-collectible original pencil drawing by Richard Taylor, are issued to include the matted signatures of no less than FIVE of the Royal Air Force's most eminent wartime leaders.
- Air Vice Marshal Don Bennett CB CBE DSO FRAes
- Group Captain James 'Willie' Tait DSO*** DFC* ADC
- Group Captain Leonard Cheshire VC OM DSO** DFC*
- Air Chief Marshal Sir Augustus Walker GCB CBE DSO DFC AFC
- Air Chief Marshal Sir Lewis Hodges KCB CBE DSO DFC
- 34.625 x 24.75 inches
- Release Date:
Editions that feature original and unique artwork, such as Remarque, Tribute and matted editions, are specifically hand-crafted to order. As a result, our normal delivery policies do not apply to these items but we’ll be sure to update you as soon as your drawing is complete. If you have any particular request for your remarque drawing – such as specific aircraft markings – please ask when placing your order and we will do our best to accommodate.
Framing Service available on this item
Interested in having this item framed? Our expert team are on hand to review your bespoke requirements. Simply tick the framing box at the checkout and we’ll contact you to discuss the best framing choices for your piece plus delivery options. For further information about our framing service click here.