UNDAUNTED BY ODDS - Framed Collectors Piece
Hurricane Mk1s of 303 "Kościuszko" Polish Squadron RAF climb steadily out from Northolt to intercept yet another incoming Luftwaffe bomber formation heading for London in September 1940. Ably led by Flt Lt Johnny Kent, the battle-hardened Polish pilots will soon be engaging the enemy over Southern England, their Hurricanes once again in the thick of the action.
Our expert framing team have included a Polish Air Force Brest Eagle in the matting, creating a lasting and completely unique tribute.
Published in 2011, Robert’s evocative print has been endorsed by no less then TEN veterans who flew Hurricane's in combat during WWII, including three who were members of Polish RAF squadrons:
- Squadron Leader Jurek Mencel DFC KM*** AFM***
- Lieutenant Stanislaw Nawarski DFC KM
- Pilot Officer Stefan Ryll AFM*
- Flight Lieutenant Kurt Taussig
- Flight Lieutenant Hugh Parry
- Squadron Leader Frank 'Dimmy' Joyce MBE
- Flying Officer Ken Cockram
- Warrant Officer Eric Carter
- Flying Officer John Byrne
- Flight Lieutenant Jack Biggs
- Framed Prints
- 37.5 x 29 inches
Shipping available on this item
Prices listed on framed items do not include shipping. If you purchase this item, we'll contact you to discuss shipping costs.