OPERATION CHASTISE - Framed Collectors Piece
A massive plume of water erupts as the bouncing bomb from ‘Dinghy’ Young’s Lancaster scores a direct hit on the Möhne Dam, at 00.40 hrs on the night of 16/17 May, 1943. Having already made their attacks, Micky Martin and Guy Gibson bravely circle the flak positions with navigation lights on, drawing enemy fire.
THE ULTIMATE DAMBUSTER PIECE INCLUDING GUY GIBSON’S SIGNATURE!
Robert’s world famous portrayal of the moment the Möhne Dam was breached during Operation Chastise sold out almost immediately when it was originally released in 1998 and has since joined the ranks of the most collectible limited air combat editions ever published.
This outstanding Collectors Edition includes the matching-numbered companion print GREEN ON - GO! The pair is personally autographed by an amazing THIRTEEN veterans directly involved in the raid, including pilots JOE McCARTHY and KEN BROWN.
What else makes this set completely unique?
It has been expertly framed to include:
an original pencil remarque drawing by Robert Taylor
a piece of fuselage recovered from Dambuster Lancaster AJ-M
the original autographs of Dambuster pilots MICK MARTIN and DAVE SHANNON
photograph and original signature of Commander-in-Chief of Bomber Command at the time of the raid, Sir ARTHUR HARRIS
photograph and original wartime autograph of the leader of the raid, GUY GIBSON
The ultimate Dambusters portfolio! A truly astonishing collector's set and one of the finest Dambuster pieces we've ever had the pleasure of displaying!
The full list of SEVENTEEN signatures reads:
- Flight Lieutenant George Chalmers DFC DFM
- Sergeant Ray Grayston
- Sergeant Dudley Heal DFM
- Flight Lieutenant Edward Johnson DFC
- Squadron Leader George Johnson MBE DFM
- Squadron Leader Ken Brown CGM
- Flight Lieutenant Joe McCarthy DSO, DFC, RCAF
- Flight Sergeant Grant McDonald
- Sergeant Stefan Oancia RCAF
- Flying Officer Dave Rodger DFC
- Sergeant Fred Sutherland
- Wing Commander Daniel Walker DFC, RCAF
- Draughtsman Norman 'Spud' Boorer OBE (companion)
- Air Marshal Sir Harold 'Mick' Martin KCB CB DSO* DFC* AFC
- Squadron Leader David Shannon DSO* DFC*
- Marshal of the RAF Sir Arthur T. Harris BT, GCB OBE DD
- Wing Commander Guy Gibson VC DSO *DFC*
- Framed Prints
- 38 x 32 inches
Shipping available on this item
Prices listed on framed items do not include shipping. If you purchase this item, we'll contact you to discuss shipping costs.