by Robert Taylor
This outstanding edition is the follow-up to the highly successful releases HEIGHT AND SUN and DAWN EAGLES RISING and carries the original signatures of some of the most prominent P-51 Aces of WWII.
With the morning sun glinting on the fuselages and the Dutch coastline far below, P51 Mustangs of the 78th Fighter Group head for their base at Duxford, at the end of a long sweep east of the Rhine crossing, Spring 1945. Finally the sky was theirs.
Robert Taylor’s visually poetic masterpiece pays tribute to the American P-51 Mustang fighter pilots who flew and fought for freedom during World War II and has been personally signed by many of the United States' most famous P-51 fighter pilots.
The Limited Edition
Every print has been personally signed by the artist, Robert Taylor, together with THREE of the USAAF’s foremost P-51 Mustang Aces:
- Lieutenant Colonel Clyde B. East
- Colonel Clarence E 'Bud' Anderson
- Colonel Art Fiedler
Matted Limited Edition
With all signatures of the Limited Edition, our expert team have conservation mounted this FOUR signature collector'spiece to include the original autograph of an additional P-51 Mustang Ace:
- Colonel Donald Cummings
The P-51 Tribute Edition
In addition to the three signatures of the Limited Edition, each copy of the Tribute Edition has been individually signed by a further fourteen P-51 fighter pilots, making a total of SEVENTEEN signatures in total.
- Major Bill Allen
- Captain James L. Brooks
- Captain Clinton Dewitt Burdick
- Captain Wayne Coleman
- Colonel Donald Cummings
- Major Urban Drew
- First Lieutenant Raymond T Conlin
- Lieutenant Colonel Bob Goebel
- Lieutenant Colonel Robert A. Karr
- Colonel Walker 'Bud' Mahurin
- Colonel Steve Pisanos
- First Lieutenant John Skara
- Second Lieutenant Lowell Steward
- First Lieutenant Clint White
The Artist Proof
Issued together with all the components of the Tribute Edition, these THIRTY-TWO signature Artist Proofs are matted to include the original signatures of an additional fifteen US pilots who flew fighters in combat, many of whom are top Aces and exponents of the P-51. They include many of the USAAF and USMC’s greatest names.
- Brigadier General Russell Berg
- Colonel Don Blakeslee
- Major General Charles R. Bond
- Colonel Gerald Brown
- Major 'Kit' Carson
- Colonel Francis 'Gabby' Gabreski
- Colonel Herschel 'Herky' Green DSC, DFC
- Colonel David 'Tex' Hill
- Lieutenant Colonel Frank D. Hurlbut
- Major Jack M. Ilfrey
- Lieutenant Colonel Robert Johnson
- General Carrol 'Red' McColpin
- Brigadier General Robin Olds
- Major Richard 'Bud' Peterson
- Lieutenant Kenneth A. Walsh USMC Medal of Honor
- 27.5 x 17 inches
- Release Date:
Framing Service available on this item
Interested in having this item framed? Our expert team are on hand to review your bespoke requirements. Simply tick the framing box at the checkout and we’ll contact you to discuss the best framing choices for your piece plus delivery options. For further information about our framing service click here.