FIGHT FOR THE SKY
Robert Taylor's wonderfully realistic painting captures the very essence of an epic day during the Battle of Britain. A Heinkel III has been brought down, one of many never to make it home on this bright and sunny day. As the Luftwaffe bomber's crew emerge from their broken aircraft, relieved to have survived the crash-landing, a Mk I Spitfire from No 66 Squadron roars low overhead to verify another victory.
The Limited Edition
Each limited print of Fight for the Sky is signed by SIX Aces who flew Spitfires in the Battle of Britain.
- Wing Commander Paddy Barthropp DFC AFC
- Squadron Leader Ben Bennions DFC
- Group Captain John Bisdee
- Wing Commander Bob Doe DSO DFC*
- Wing Commander George 'Grumpy' Unwin DSO DFM*
- Group Captain Alan Wright DFC
The Millennium Proof
One of the most outsanding Portfolios ever published, each print in the Millennium Proof Edition is additionally signed by NINETEEN Battle of Britain Spitfire pilots and each copy of 'Defiant To The Last' companion print was signed by TWO Defiant aircrew, making a total of TWENTY SEVEN Battle of Britain signatures!
- Squadron Leader Cyril 'Bam' Bamberger DFC
- Flying Officer Frederick Barker DFM*
- Squadron Leader Robert Beardsley
- Wing Commander John Freeborn
- Squadron Leader Herbert Green MBE
- Squadron Leader Norman Hancock
- Wing Commander Michael Heron
- Flying Officer Clive Hilken
- Squadron Leader Tony Iveson DFC AE
- Air Vice Marshal 'Sandy' Johnstone
- Wing Commander Terence Kane
- Wing Commander Peter Olver DFC
- Air Commodore David Roberts CBE AFC
- Squadron Leader Stuart Rose
- Group Captain Desmond Sheen DFC*
- Wing Commander Harbourne Stephen CBE DSO DFC*
- Wing Commander Tim Vigors DFC
- Air Commodore Paul Webb
- Squadron Leader Geoffrey Wellum DFC
- Air Commodore Sir Archie Winskill KCVO CBE DFC*
The Millennium Proof Remarque
The Millenium Proof Remarques also include the signature of:
- Squadron Leader 'Buck' Casson
- 33 x 24 inches
- Release Date:
Editions that feature original and unique artwork, such as Remarque, Tribute and matted editions, are specifically hand-crafted to order. As a result, our normal delivery policies do not apply to these items but we’ll be sure to update you as soon as your drawing is complete. If you have any particular request for your remarque drawing – such as specific aircraft markings – please ask when placing your order and we will do our best to accommodate.
Framing Service available on this item
Interested in having this item framed? Our expert team are on hand to review your bespoke requirements. Simply tick the framing box at the checkout and we’ll contact you to discuss the best framing choices for your piece plus delivery options. For further information about our framing service click here.