EVENING PATROL - Framed Collectors Piece
During the early part of WWII the coastline of Britain was constantly under threat, particularly the busy shipping lanes of the North Sea.
This superb piece captures the mood on one such patrol as Spitfires of 610 Squadron return to their base flying over the Humber Estuary as the sun sets in the distance, late in 1940.
This framed Limited Edition was signed for posterity in 2000 by some of the foremost Spitfire pilots and Aces of the Second World War. A remarkable collection of EIGHT veteran autographs:
- Group Captain Desmond Sheen DFC*
- Wing Commander Paddy Barthropp DFC AFC
- Squadron Leader Neville Duke DSO OBE DFC **
- Group Captain Tom Dalton Morgan DSO OBE DFC*
- Squadron Leader Basil 'Stapme' Stapleton DFC
- Air Commodore Peter Brothers CBE DSO DFC*
- Squadron Leader A.C. Leigh DFC DFM
- Wing Commander Harbourne Stephen CBE DSO DFC*
- Framed Prints
- 37.25 x 28.25 inches
Shipping available on this item
Prices listed on framed items do not include shipping. If you purchase this item, we'll contact you to discuss shipping costs.