EAGLES OUT OF THE SUN
All the great Luftwaffe Aces flew the Me109. Most achieved their phenomenal aerial successes in this supreme little fighter, and it is this beautiful aircraft that Robert Taylor has chosen for this painting to pay respect to this unique band of air Aces. In the foreground the Staffel Commander is viewed leading the attack, his cannons blazing as he closes on a formation of B-17s. Close on his heels his Staffel pilots follow him into the attack, while behind another group of Me109 fighters takes on the outer box of the Fortress formation. The Luftwaffe Aces know they must face a wall of fire from the B-17 gunners, and that the Fortress crews will not flinch in the flight. Equally they know they have a job to do and that they will press home the attack regardless of the resistance they encounter. The Lucky ones will survive to fight again tomorrow.
Each print in Robert Taylor's special Luftwaffe Edition has been individually signed by twelve Luftwaffe Aces who flew the legendary Me109 in combat during World War 2.
- Generalleutnant Adolf Galland KC with Oak Leaves Swords and Diamonds
- Hauptmann Alfred Grislawski KC with Oak Leaves
- Generalmajor Dietrich Hrabak KC WITH OAK LEAVES
- Generalleutnant Walter Krupinski KC with Oak Leaves
- Oberst Eduard Neumann GCiG
- Generalleutnant Günther Rall KC with Oak Leaves and Swords
- Major Erich Rudorffer KC with Oak Leaves and Swords
- Oberleutnant Walter Schuck KC with Oak Leaves
- Generalleutnant Hannes Trautloft Knight's Cross
- Oberleutnant Walter Wolfrum KC
- General Johannes 'Macky' Steinhoff KC with Oak Leaves and Swords
- Generalleutnant Fritz Obleser KC
The General's Edition
To mark the extroardinary role in aviation history played by General Adolf Galland, each General Edition print is issued with the companion print Night Hunters. This captivating companion print has been signed by six courageous Luftwaffe night-fighter Aces:
- Major Martin Drewes KC with Oak Leaves
- Major Werner Hoffman KC
- Oberstleutnant Hans-Joachim Jabs
- Oberleutnant Erich Weißflog
- Leutnant Dieter Schmidt-Barbo
- Leutnant Fritz Rumplehart
- 35 x 25 inches
- Release Date:
Editions that feature original and unique artwork, such as Remarque, Tribute and matted editions, are specifically hand-crafted to order. As a result, our normal delivery policies do not apply to these items but we’ll be sure to update you as soon as your drawing is complete. If you have any particular request for your remarque drawing – such as specific aircraft markings – please ask when placing your order and we will do our best to accommodate.
Framing Service available on this item
Interested in having this item framed? Our expert team are on hand to review your bespoke requirements. Simply tick the framing box at the checkout and we’ll contact you to discuss the best framing choices for your piece plus delivery options. For further information about our framing service click here.