BOLD, RECKLESS AND SUPREME
Canadian Flight Lieutenant Johnny Kent leads the Hurricanes flown by the Polish pilots of No.303 Squadron during September 1940 – at the height of the Battle of Britain.
In his moving and highly evocative tribute to the nearly 3000 young men from 14 nations who made up RAF Fighter Command during the Battle of Britain, Robert Taylor has chosen 303 Squadron - the highest scoring unit in 11 Group - to represent all those who flew and fought in one of history’s most crucial and decisive battles.
This outstanding piece has been skillfully executed in Robert’s unique blend of pencil and paint giving the prints a unique sepia, almost wartime, feel to them.
The edition is signed by Aircrew who participated during those crucial months, this is an outstanding opportunity for all collectors of aviation art and Battle of Britian memorabilia.
The Limited Edition
All prints in every edition have been personally signed by the artist Robert Taylor, together with two distinguished Battle of Britain Fighter pilots.
- Air Commodore John Ellacombe CB DFC*
- Wing Commander Terence Kane
The Collector's Edition
The TEN signature Collector’s Edition is additionally signed by the following Battle of Britain aircrew:
- Flight Lieutenant Richard Jones
- Group Captain Byron Duckenfield AFC
- Wing Commander John 'Tim' Elkington
- Flight Lieutenant Keith Lawrence DFC
- Flying Officer Kenneth Wilkinson
- Squadron Leader Tony Iveson DFC AE
- Flight Lieutenant Trevor Gray
- Flight Lieutenant Peter Hairs
The Artist Proofs
The highly collectable FIFTEEN signature Artist Proofs are also signed by the following Battle of Britain Aircrew:
- Flight Lieutenant Benjamin Bent DFC
- Flight Lieutenant Robin Lucas
- Squadron Leader Nigel Rose
- Squadron Leader Doug Nicholls
- Squadron Leader Robert Kings
The Tribute Edition
This special TWENTY-SEVEN signature collectors' piece is conservation matted to include the ORIGINAL signatures of a further twelve legendary ACES who fought in the Battle of Britain, together with a pair of museum quality reproduction RAF wings. This is a unique opportunity to own your personal piece of Battle of Britain history.
- Squadron Leader 'Jackie' Mann
- Wing Commander Harbourne Stephen CBE DSO DFC*
- Wing Commander John Gibson
- Group Captain Dennis David CBE DFC* AFC
- Wing Commander George 'Grumpy' Unwin DSO DFM*
- Wing Commander 'Bunny' Currant DSO DFC*
- Wing Commander Don Kingaby
- Air Marshal Sir Denis Crowley-Milling KCB CBE DSO DFC* AE
- Group Captain Tom Dalton Morgan DSO OBE DFC*
- Wing Commander Bob Stanford-Tuck DSO DFC**
- Air Commodore Sir Archie Winskill KCVO CBE DFC*
- Group Captain Frank Carey CBE DFC** AFC DFM
- 25 x 15.75 inches
- Release Date:
Framing Service available on this item
Interested in having this item framed? Our expert team are on hand to review your bespoke requirements. Simply tick the framing box at the checkout and we’ll contact you to discuss the best framing choices for your piece plus delivery options. For further information about our framing service click here.