AFTER THE BATTLE
by Robert Taylor
A flight of Spitfire MK IXs return to their base at RAF Kenley in July 1942 after a dog-fight with German Fw190s over France. The 611 Squadron pilots make the high speed run for home above the distinctive patchwork fields of southern England and the Channel coast visible in the distance.
Released in 1994 this outstanding portrait of the Spitfire by the worlds leading Aviation Artist was personally autographed by SIX of the most legendary RAF Spitfire Aces who were alive at that time.
The Limited Edition
Each print in the limited edition has been signed by the artist as well as:
- Wing Commander Paddy Barthropp DFC AFC
- Air Vice Marshal Johnnie Johnson CB CBE DSO** DFC*
- Squadron Leader Neville Duke DSO OBE DFC **
- Wing Commander Harbourne Stephen CBE DSO DFC*
- Air Commodore Sir Archie Winskill KCVO CBE DFC*
- Group Captain Alan Wright DFC
The Spitfire Portfolio Edition
Each print in this edition has been additionally signed by:
- Group Captain Desmond Sheen DFC*
- Air Commodore Alan Deere DSO OBE DFC*
- Group Captain Dennis David CBE DFC* AFC
- Colonel John D. Collinsworth
- Colonel John H. Paulk
- 32 x 24 inches
- Release Date:
Framing Service available on this item
Interested in having this item framed? Our expert team are on hand to review your bespoke requirements. Simply tick the framing box at the checkout and we’ll contact you to discuss the best framing choices for your piece plus delivery options. For further information about our framing service click here.