BIRTH OF A LEGEND
In this final painting of Robert Taylor’s highly sought after Hartmann Trilogy, this superb piece depicts the world's greatest fighter Ace, Erich Hartmann, achieving the first of his 352 air victories. Hartmann remains the top scoring fighter pilot in history.
Although he lost his aircraft in this tussle with a Russian IL-2, Hartmann had made his first kill. Unhurt, the young pilot was picked up by a German car and returned to base almost immediately. A legend was born.
This incredibly rare edition is signed by the highest and third highest scoring fighter Aces of all time, plus an amazing seven other holders of the Knight’s Cross, all of whom flew on the Easter Front.
The Limited Edition
Each print in the Edition was individually signed by:
- Oberst Erich Hartmann KC with Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds
- Generalleutnant Günther Rall KC with Oak Leaves and Swords
The Knight's Cross Edition
Including all the signatories of the Limited Edition, the Knight's Cross Edition was further signed by:
- Major Erich Rudorffer KC with Oak Leaves and Swords
- Oberstleutnant Ernst-Wilhelm Reinert KC with Oak Leaves and Swords
- Hauptmann Alfred Grislawski KC with Oak Leaves
- Leutnant Edmund 'Paule' Rossmann KC
- Leutnant Hugo Broch KC
- Leutnant Viktor Petermann KC
- Oberst Hermann Buchner KC
- 33 x 25 inches
- Release Date:
Framing Service available on this item
Interested in having this item framed? Our expert team are on hand to review your bespoke requirements. Simply tick the framing box at the checkout and we’ll contact you to discuss the best framing choices for your piece plus delivery options. For further information about our framing service click here.