A LINCOLNSHIRE SUNSET 1944
Of all the crews of RAF Bomber Command, 617 Squadron are perhaps the best known. Famed for their expertise in precision bombing and utilising man of the developments of Barnes Wallis, they took part in some of the most famous and daring operations of WWII.
On a clear night in 1944, as the sun is setting over their Lincolnshire airfield, the men of 617 Squadron can be seen preparing their Lancaster bombers in readiness for the long night ahead over occupied Europe.
This superb release pays tribute to all those who flew with RAF Bomber Command and has been personally signed by prominent aircrew who served with 617 Squadron.
The Limited Edition
Every print in this edition has been personally signed by the following members of 617 Squadron:
- Flight Lieutenant James Castagnola DSO DFC
- Squadron Leader Mac Hamilton DFC
- Flight Lieutenant Bob Knights DSO DFC
- Flight Lieutenant Fred Watts DFC
- Squadron Leader Tony Iveson DFC AE
The Artist Proofs
In addition to the signatures on the Limited Edition, every Artist Proof has been additionally signed by:
- Squadron Leader George Johnson MBE DFM
- Sergeant Ray Grayston
- Flight Lieutenant Edward Johnson DFC
- Flight Lieutenant George Chalmers DFC DFM
The Publisher Proofs
With all the signatures of the Limited Edition and the Artist Proofs, every print in this edition has been personally signed by:
- Squadron Leader Ken Brown CGM
- Flight Lieutenant Bill Reid VC
- Group Captain James 'Willie' Tait DSO*** DFC* ADC
- 30 x 24 inches
- Release Date:
Framing Service available on this item
Interested in having this item framed? Our expert team are on hand to review your bespoke requirements. Simply tick the framing box at the checkout and we’ll contact you to discuss the best framing choices for your piece plus delivery options. For further information about our framing service click here.