A BOLT FOR THE BLUE
Gerald Coulson’s dramatic painting Bolt for the Blue, published to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the first flight of the Lightning, captures the very essence of this formidable fighter. Seen climbing out of RAF Wattisham, a Lightning F.3 of Treble One Squadron scrambles to intercept an unidentified intruder plotted on the RAF’s early warning radar.
Almost certainly it will be Russian, probably he will be escorted out of harms way, but the interceptor is armed with a pair of air-to-air missiles just in case. A superb collector print for all who remember one of the greatest British fighters ever built.
Featuring the five signatures of:
- Air Vice Marshal George Black CB OBE AFC*
- Flight Lieutenant Ian Black
- Air Vice Marshal Peter Collins
- Flight Lieutenant Hedley Molland
- Air Commodore John Mitchell CB OBE AFC*
A TEN signature edition featuring all previously listed signatures, plus the 5 signatures of these well-renowned pilots:
- Wing Commander Jimmy Dell OBE
- Group Captain Ian Thomson
- Flight Lieutenant Paul Field
- Flight Lieutenant Alan Page
- Flight Lieutenant Iain Small
Framing Service available on this item
Interested in having this item framed? Our expert team are on hand to review your bespoke requirements. Simply tick the framing box at the checkout and we’ll contact you to discuss the best framing choices for your piece plus delivery options. For further information about our framing service click here.