SUMMER VICTORY - Framed Collectors Piece
The Battle of Britain began at the beginning of July, 1940 and during the next two and a half months, at the height of a glorious English summer, the RAF and the Luftwaffe fought what was to become the greatest aerial conflict in history.
In Robert's stunning painting a Luftwaffe pilot, one of the many victories for the RAF on that brilliant summer morning, stands beside his downed Me 109, contemplating his misfortune and his fate as farm workers hurry towards him. Overhead, Spitfires swoop past in a headlong rush to refuel, rearm and climb back into battle.
Originally released in 1990, this has classic piece become one of the most desirable collectible editions in Robert's portfolio and is personally signed by four legendary Battle of Britain Fighter Aces.
This copy has been framed to full conservation standards to include the original signatures of a further six Battle of Britain Aces, creating a highly collectible TEN signature collectors piece.
The full list of signatures reads:
- Air Commodore Alan Deere DSO OBE DFC*
- Wing Commander Bob Doe DSO DFC*
- Group Captain Hugh 'Cocky' Dundas CBE DSO* DFC
- Group Captain Brian Kingcome DSO DFC*
- Wing Commander Geoffrey Page DSO OBE DFC*
- Wing Commander Bob Stanford-Tuck DSO DFC**
- Group Captain Denys Gillam DSO** DFC* AFC
- Wing Commander George 'Grumpy' Unwin DSO DFM*
- Group Captain Frank Carey CBE DFC** AFC DFM
- Wing Commander Tom Neil DFC* AFC AE
- Framed Prints
- 40.5 x 33 inches
Shipping available on this item
Prices listed on framed items do not include shipping. If you purchase this item, we'll contact you to discuss shipping costs.